- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Housatonic Anglers. Take a half- or full-day tour, evening outing, or fly-fishing lesson here and fish for trout and bass on the Housatonic and its tributaries. 26 Bolton Hill Rd., Cornwall, CT, 06753. 860/672-4457. www.housatonicanglers.com.
Housatonic River Outfitters. This outfitter operates a full-service fly shop; leads guided trips of the region; runs classes in fly-fishing, fly-tying, and casting; and stocks a good selection of vintage and antique gear. 24 Kent Rd., Cornwall Bridge, CT, 06754. 860/672-1010. www.dryflies.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $104* & up -- Flights for Next Weekend on American, R/T American Airlines