- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Like Georgetown, Adams Morgan has no Metro stop. It's a pleasant 15-minute walk from the Woodley Park/Zoo Metro station: walk south on Connecticut, then turn left on Calvert Street, and cross over Rock Creek Park on the Duke Ellington Bridge. Or you can get off at the Dupont Circle Metro stop and walk east to (and turn left onto) 18th Street.
The heart of Adams Morgan is at the intersection of Adams Mill Road, Columbia Road, and 18th Street. Don't even dream about finding parking here on weekend evenings.
If you take the Metro, remember that stations close at 3 am on Friday and Saturday nights and midnight other nights. If you're not ready to turn in by then, you'll need to hail a cab.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $169 & up -- 4.5-Star Loews Madison Hotel D.C., Save 40% Expedia
- $79 -- Capitol Hill Hotel near Historic Sites, Reg. $452 BookIt.com
- $18 & up -- Baltimore: Admission to 9 Museums, up to 25% Off Featured Destination: Baltimore
- $87 & up -- D.C. Hotel w/Wi-Fi & Daily Breakfast, 60% Off — $87 BookIt.com
- Free -- Zip Around Baltimore: 4 Popular Routes — $0 Charm City Circulator