- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Great Experiences Downtown
Newseum: Find out how the headlines are made, and read the front pages from all over the country, displayed in front of the building.
International Spy Museum: Indulge your inner James Bond with a look at 007's Aston Martin from Goldfinger—along with more-serious toys used by the CIA, FBI, and KGB.
The National Archives: After seeing the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and Bill of Rights, lose yourself in the Public Vault, where you can find everything from the Emancipation Proclamation to Mad magazine.
National Portrait Gallery and Smithsonian American Art Museum: These sister museums have something for everyone, from presidential portraits to old-timey "crazy quilts."
Theater District: Catch performances ranging from Shakespeare to the avant-garde, in Penn Quarter's answer to Broadway.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $169 & up -- 4.5-Star Loews Madison Hotel D.C., Save 40% Expedia
- $79 -- Capitol Hill Hotel near Historic Sites, Reg. $452 BookIt.com
- $18 & up -- Baltimore: Admission to 9 Museums, up to 25% Off Featured Destination: Baltimore
- $87 & up -- D.C. Hotel w/Wi-Fi & Daily Breakfast, 60% Off — $87 BookIt.com
- Free -- Zip Around Baltimore: 4 Popular Routes — $0 Charm City Circulator