- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dupont CircleView Map
Dupont Circle is the grand hub of D.C., literally. This traffic circle is essentially the intersection of the main thoroughfares of Connecticut, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts avenues. More important though, the area around the circle is a vibrant center for urban and cultural life in the District.
Along with wealthy tenants and basement-dwelling twentysomethings, museums, art galleries, and embassies call this upscale neighborhood home. Offbeat shops, specialty bookstores, coffeehouses, and restaurants of all ethnicities and price ranges lend the area a funkier, more urban feel.
The Logan Circle neighborhood runs to the east along P Street and stretches north along the 14th Street corridor. You'll find more sidewalk cafés, nightlife, shopping, as well as a handful of sights and two theaters, Source DC and Studio Theatre.
Add to the mix stores and clubs catering to the neighborhood's large gay community and this area becomes a big draw for nearly everyone. Perhaps that's why the fountain at the center of the Dupont traffic island is such a great spot for people-watching.
Dupont Circle at a Glance
Experience Dupont Circle
- Betsy Fisher
- Burton Marinkovich Fine Art
- The Chocolate Moose
- Geoffrey Diner Gallery
- Hemphill Fine Arts
- J. Press
- Birch & Barley
- Bistrot du Coin
- Hank's Oyster Bar
- Hill Country
- Kramerbooks & Afterwords
- Malaysia Kopitiam
- Masa 14
- Akwaaba DC
- The Churchill Hotel
- Courtyard Washington, D.C./Dupont Circle
- The Dupont Circle Hotel
- Embassy Circle Guest House
- The Fairfax at Embassy Row
- Hotel Madera
- Hotel Palomar, Washington, D.C
Elsewhere in Washington, D.C.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $75-$79 -- Capitol Hill Hotel near Historic Sites, 65% Off BookIt.com
- $83 & up -- D.C. Hotel w/Wi-Fi & Daily Breakfast, 50% Off BookIt.com
- $18 & up -- Baltimore: Admission to 9 Museums, up to 25% Off Featured Destination: Baltimore
- $104* & up -- Flights for Next Weekend on American, R/T — $104 American Airlines