Shopping in Washington, D.C.
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Choice in Washington, D.C.
Catering to women of all ages and sizes in search of contemporary...
Hard-to-find skin-care lines—Laura Mercier, Trish McEvoy...
|Spa / Beauty||Georgetown|
A California original, this self-titled "cheese shop" has an...
|Food / Candy||Downtown|
Vibrantly colored produce and flowers; freshly caught fish; fragrant...
|Outdoor / Flea / Green Markets||Capitol Hill|
What began in 1929 as a repair shop and a pen bar—a place...
|Crafts, Gifts / Souvenirs||Downtown|
Hemphill Fine Arts
This spacious gem of a contemporary gallery shows mid-career...
|Antiques / Collectibles||Dupont Circle|
Original artwork, contemporary rugs, delicious-smelling candles...
|Crafts, Gifts / Souvenirs||Capitol Hill|
This cutting-edge shoe store would shine in Paris, Tokyo, or...
|Shoes / Luggage / Leather Goods||Georgetown|
Jean Pierre Antiques
Very Georgetown, but fairly close to Dupont Circle, this gorgeous...
|Antiques / Collectibles||Georgetown|
Kramerbooks & Afterwords
One of Washington's best-loved independents, this cozy shop has...
|Books / Stationery||Dupont Circle|
The store's name is Italian for "by hand," and it lives up to...
|Household Items / Furniture||Georgetown|
A hip and friendly staff is one of the reasons why D.C. women...
|Clothing||U Street Corridor|
One of the city's finest consignment shops, Secondi carries a...
Tiny Jewel Box
Despite its name, this venerable D.C. favorite contains six floors...
|Jewelry / Accessories||Downtown|
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $104* & up -- Flights for Next Weekend on American, R/T American Airlines
- $75-$79 -- Capitol Hill Hotel near Historic Sites, 65% Off BookIt.com
- $83 & up -- D.C. Hotel w/Wi-Fi & Daily Breakfast, 50% Off BookIt.com
- $18 & up -- Baltimore: Admission to 9 Museums, up to 25% Off Featured Destination: Baltimore
- $169 & up -- 4.5-Star Loews Madison Hotel D.C., Save 40% — $169 Expedia