- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Upper NorthwestView Map
The upper northwest corner of D.C. is predominantly residential and in many places practically suburban. However, there are several good reasons to visit the leafy streets, including the National Zoo and National Cathedral. If the weather is fine, spend an afternoon strolling through Hillwood Gardens or tromping through Rock Creek Park's many acres. You'll have to travel some distance to see multiple attractions in one day, but many sights are accessible on foot from local Metro stops.
Upper Northwest at a Glance
Experience Upper Northwest
Elsewhere in Washington, D.C.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79 -- Capitol Hill Hotel near Historic Sites, Reg. $470 BookIt.com
- $169 & up -- 4.5-Star Loews Madison Hotel D.C., Save 40% Expedia
- $18 & up -- Baltimore: Admission to 9 Museums, up to 25% Off Featured Destination: Baltimore
- $103 -- 4-Star Washington, D.C.-Area Hotel, 50% Off — $103 The Westin Alexandria
- Free -- Zip Around Baltimore: 4 Popular Routes — $0 Charm City Circulator