Fort Lauderdale and Broward County Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Blue waves: Sparkling Lauderdale beaches spanning Broward County's entire coast were Florida's first to capture Blue Wave Beach status from the Clean Beaches Council.
Inland waterways: More than 300 miles of inland waterways, including downtown Fort Lauderdale's historic New River, create what's known as the Venice of America.
Everglades access: Just minutes from luxury hotels and golf courses, the rugged Everglades tantalize with alligators, colorful birds, and other wildlife.
Vegas-style gaming: Since slots and blackjack tables hit Hollywood's glittering Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in 2008, smaller competitors have followed this lucrative trend on every square inch of Indian Territory.
Cruise gateway: Port Everglades—home port for Allure and Oasis of the Seas, the world's largest cruise vessels—hosts cruise ships from major lines.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $89 & up -- South Beach Hotel w/VIP Passes, Reg. $179 BookIt.com
- $136 & up -- 4-Star South Beach Hotel w/Wi-Fi, Reg. $279 BookIt.com
- $999 & up -- Weeklong Caribbean Cruise in Summer Royal Caribbean
- $19.99 -- Rent a Hyundai Elantra in Fort Lauderdale Sixt Rent a Car