- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Hotel of South Beach
At a Glance
- great service
- coolest roof-deck bar in town
- good for couples
- pool is tiny
- rooms from original building lack good views
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
The Hotel of South Beach Review
Fashion designer Todd Oldham preserved the Art Deco roots of The Hotel, which inhabits the historic Tiffany building on Collins Avenue, and has expanded the property with 20 new deluxe oceanfront rooms and suites along fabulous Ocean Drive. Everything in this quirky, romantic boutique hotel, from the decor of the restaurant Wish, to the tie-dye bathrobes hanging in the small but cute bathrooms, is colorful and eclectic. Somehow the aesthetic of soft browns and whites works, thanks to the knowing eye of megadesigner Oldham. Add soft lighting and two-person bathtubs, and you have all the makings of a romantic retreat. The hotel's most exquisite treat is a rooftop bar, a low-key hangout where locals and hotel guests lounge under the neon light of the Tiffany sign Thursday-Saturday nights.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $89 & up -- South Beach Hotel w/VIP Passes, Reg. $179 BookIt.com
- $149 -- FL Keys Beach Resort & Marina w/Parking, 50% Off BookIt.com
- $1099 & up -- Weeklong Caribbean Cruise in Summer Royal Caribbean
- $11 & up -- Car Rentals in Miami, up to 10% Off Sixt Rent a Car
- $159 & up -- Miami Beach Hotel on Ocean Drive, 50% Off — $159 Winter Haven, Autograph Collection
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
We (me, hub and 7 year old son) spent a week in the Florida Keys mid-March month and loved it! Read more
My Lady Wife and I recently visited Boca.
Here is a review of the restaurants we visited.
Sky Asian Fusion – Holiday Inn Conference Ctr, Ocal, FL
A very nice, Asian-inspired room Read more
· News & Features
Whether you go for the sun-drenched fun or the fantastic food, Miami is calling.... Read more
Whether you go for the sun-drenched beaches or the fantastic Art Deco design, you'll want to stay in South... Read more
Think you've done Miami?... Read more