- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Soho Beach House Review
The Soho Beach House is a throwback to swanky vibes of bygone decades, bedazzled in faded color palates, maritime ambience, and circa-1930s avant-garde furnishings, luring A-listers and wannabes to indulge in the amenity-clad, retro-chic rooms. The lobby, the house restaurant Cecconi's, the upstairs bar, and the sexy pool buzz with young trendsetters and hipsters tweeting and texting (trying to describe and capture the moment without living in it... but we digress). Even with its glamour-puss all-stars, this hotel still maintains a casual vibe, catering to its core members—those who work in the arts.
Redefining Miami Style
The Soho Beach House Miami introduced 50 oversized rooms and a fresh spin on the classics when it debuted on Miami's "Mid-Beach" blocks last November. The second stateside bolthole from the London-based Soho House group (their first U.S. foray launched in New York in 2003) pays homage to the thirties, forties, fifties—and sometimes, all three decades combined—by cleverly uniting mint-condition period furnishings to create a modern incarnation of old Hollywood glamour. Think faded color palettes, antique table fans, frilly pillows, paisley couches, a hair salon reminiscent of a London gentleman's club, and a pre-Communist Cuba "Club Bar" complete with rattan chairs and ceiling fans. The conversation-piece furnishings and sophisticated vibe put this cool newcomer at the heart of Miami's design revival.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 & up -- Key Largo Suites Hotel w/Private Beach, 50% Off BookIt.com
- $89 & up -- South Beach Hotel w/VIP Passes, Reg. $179 BookIt.com
- $1099 & up -- Weeklong Caribbean Cruise in Summer Royal Caribbean
- $8.46 & up -- Car Rentals across Florida CarRentals.com
- $136 & up -- 4-Star South Beach Hotel w/Wi-Fi, Reg. $279 — $136 BookIt.com
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
We (me, hub and 7 year old son) spent a week in the Florida Keys mid-March month and loved it! Read more
I'm looking to move the family from Maine to Florida but have no idea what part of Florida to consider. Read more
· News & Features
Whether you go for the sun-drenched fun or the fantastic food, Miami is calling.... Read more
Whether you go for the sun-drenched beaches or the fantastic Art Deco design, you'll want to stay in South... Read more
Think you've done Miami?... Read more