- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Bayfront Park Review
This pedestrian-friendly waterfront park sits on a 32-acre site smack in the heart of downtown Miami on Biscayne Bay, with three major event spaces: Bicentennial Park, Tina Hills Pavilion, and Klipsch Amphitheater at Bayfront Park. It also has a lovely bay walk and a number of monuments. In the park's southwest corner is the white Challenger Memorial, commemorating the space shuttle that exploded in 1986. A little north is Plaza Bolivar, a tribute by Cuban immigrants to their adopted country, and the JFK Torch of Friendship, a plaza with plaques representing all South and Central American countries except Cuba. To the north, the park ends with the colossal Bayside Marketplace entertainment, dining, and retail complex, which is particularly popular with cruise passengers as well as visitors from South America.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $79-$89 -- Chic South Beach Hotel w/Cocktails, 45% Off Clinton Hotel
- $89 & up -- South Beach Hotel w/VIP Passes, Reg. $179 BookIt.com
- $999 & up -- Weeklong Caribbean Cruise in Summer Royal Caribbean
- $19.99 -- Rent a Hyundai Elantra in Miami Sixt Rent a Car
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
We (me, hub and 7 year old son) spent a week in the Florida Keys mid-March month and loved it! Read more
I had a chance to spent some time on a cruise ship traveling around North America,
so wanted to share some pictures from the trip; hope you will enjoy it!
http://www.allphotobangkok.com/index.php/around-north-america-cruise-ship-travel/ Read more
· News & Features
Whether you go for the sun-drenched fun or the fantastic food, Miami is calling.... Read more
Whether you go for the sun-drenched beaches or the fantastic Art Deco design, you'll want to stay in South... Read more
Think you've done Miami?... Read more