- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Betsy Hotel
At a Glance
- unbeatable location
- great beach club
- some small rooms
- service can be hit or miss
- no pool scene (but there's a rooftop scene)
Check Rates from our Partners
The Betsy Hotel Review
An art deco treasure elegantly refurbished and totally retro-chic, The Betsy sits directly on world-famous Ocean Drive and delivers the full-throttle South Beach experience with style and pizzazz. The front porch and outdoor eating space are perfect for quintessential SoBe people-watching. The lobby is busy, but not insanely so, and cultivates a social, trendy scene, especially in the evenings. White and flowery rooms are cozy and comfortable, with a vintage-luxe vibe that recalls South Beach of the 1950s. Though the pool gets little sunshine because of its odd location in the hotel courtyard, the expansive rooftop sun lounge and sumptuous beach club across Ocean Drive make up for this shortcoming. The hotel's BLT Steak restaurant is excellent.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $89 & up -- South Beach Hotel w/VIP Passes, Reg. $179 BookIt.com
- $149 -- FL Keys Beach Resort & Marina w/Parking, 50% Off BookIt.com
- $1099 & up -- Weeklong Caribbean Cruise in Summer Royal Caribbean
- $8.46 & up -- Car Rentals across Florida CarRentals.com
- $159 & up -- Miami Beach Hotel on Ocean Drive, 50% Off — $159 Winter Haven, Autograph Collection
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
We (me, hub and 7 year old son) spent a week in the Florida Keys mid-March month and loved it! Read more
My Lady Wife and I recently visited Boca.
Here is a review of the restaurants we visited.
Sky Asian Fusion – Holiday Inn Conference Ctr, Ocal, FL
A very nice, Asian-inspired room Read more
· News & Features
Whether you go for the sun-drenched fun or the fantastic food, Miami is calling.... Read more
Whether you go for the sun-drenched beaches or the fantastic Art Deco design, you'll want to stay in South... Read more
Think you've done Miami?... Read more