- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Mondrian South Beach Review
The Mondrian South Beach has infused life into the beach's lesser-known western perimeter and rises as a poster child of SoBe design glam—head to toe, the hotel is a living and functioning work of art, an ingenious vision of provocateur Marcel Wanders. The "wow" factor is ubiquitous throughout Wanders's eccentric vision of Sleeping Beauty's castle near the shores of South Beach. From jellyfish-shape chandeliers to baroque seaweed patterns on the walls to oversize furnishings of Honey, I Shrunk the Kids proportions, this contemporary castle has designers and trendsetters dropping by to see what all the fuss is about. Rooms are bright and airy, continuing Wanders's "under the sea" theme. The pool scene here is totally happening, packed with hot bodies and European stunners year-round. The West Avenue location affords picture-perfect sunsets, but it's a 10- to 15-minute trek to the beach. The hotel's Sunset Lounge is renowned for its mojitos.
SoBe's Brightest Star
The party never dies at The Mondrian South Beach, where the roving models keep Miami's wild heyday very much in the present. The lobby, lounges, pool, and hotel-room patios constantly buzz with hive-like activity in this see-and-be-seen hotspot with outlandish design elements that include disco ball mirrored walls and mermaid paintings scattered throughout the hotel. In true nightlife fashion, the Mondrian's oversized crash pads quickly change personality with the full spectrum of mood lighting, reflecting off bands of sunset-colored glass pieces and the floor to ceiling glass windows overlooking Biscayne Bay.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $149 -- FL Keys Beach Resort & Marina w/Parking, 50% Off BookIt.com
- $159 & up -- Miami Beach Hotel on Ocean Drive, 50% Off Winter Haven, Autograph Collection
- $1099 & up -- Weeklong Caribbean Cruise in Summer Royal Caribbean
- $11 & up -- Car Rentals in Miami, up to 10% Off Sixt Rent a Car
- $79-$99 -- South Beach Boutique Hotel w/Wi-Fi, Save 50% — $79-$99 BookIt.com
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
We (me, hub and 7 year old son) spent a week in the Florida Keys mid-March month and loved it! Read more
Is the theft of luggage from a locked rental car (during dinner at a local resteraunt, enroute to hotel) reimburseable under any conditions. Read more
· News & Features
Whether you go for the sun-drenched fun or the fantastic food, Miami is calling.... Read more
Whether you go for the sun-drenched beaches or the fantastic Art Deco design, you'll want to stay in South... Read more
Think you've done Miami?... Read more