- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Worth Avenue Review
Called the Avenue by Palm Beachers, this half-mile-long street is synonymous with exclusive shopping. Nostalgia lovers recall an era when faces or names served as charge cards, purchases were delivered home before customers returned from lunch, and bills were sent directly to private accountants. Times have changed, but a stroll amid the Spanish-accented buildings, many designed by Addison Mizner, offers a tantalizing taste of the island's ongoing commitment to elegant consumerism. It underwent a $15 million makeover in 2010: 200 mature coconut palm trees were planted, and a magnificent $600,000 clock tower was built on the beach to mark the entrance from Route A1A. Definitely explore the labyrinth of nine pedestrian "vias" off of each side that wind past boutiques, tiny plazas, bubbling fountains, and bougainvillea-festooned balconies; this is where the smaller, unique shops are. The Worth Avenue Association (www.worth-avenue.com) holds historic walking tours each month.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $89 & up -- South Beach Hotel w/VIP Passes, Reg. $179 BookIt.com
- $1079 & up -- Florida: Club Med Sandpiper Bay, Save 40% Club Med Sandpiper Bay
- $1099 & up -- Weeklong Caribbean Cruise in Summer Royal Caribbean
- $8.46 & up -- Car Rentals across Florida CarRentals.com
- $89 -- Miami: Chic South Beach Hotel w/Breakfast & Cocktails — $89 Clinton Hotel
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
We (me, hub and 7 year old son) spent a week in the Florida Keys mid-March month and loved it! Read more
My Lady Wife and I recently visited Boca.
Here is a review of the restaurants we visited.
Sky Asian Fusion – Holiday Inn Conference Ctr, Ocal, FL
A very nice, Asian-inspired room Read more
· News & Features
Palm Beach makes for a posh weekend getaway, what with all the tennis and golf to be played and meals... Read more
Whether or not you aspire to be a Kennedy or a Trump, no trip to Palm Beach would be complete withou... Read more
Sometimes, a girl just needs to get away for the weekend for a little relaxation and rejuvenation.... Read more