- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Miccosukee Restaurant Review
For breakfast or lunch (or dinner until 9 pm, November-April), this roadside cafeteria a quarter mile from the Miccosukee Indian Village provides the best menu variety along Tamiami Trail in Everglades territory. Atmosphere comes from the view overlooking the River of Grass, servers wearing traditional Miccosukee patchwork vests, and a mural depicting American Indian women cooking while men powwow. Catfish and frogs' legs are breaded and deep-fried. Besides Indian fry bread and pumpkin bread, you'll also find burgers, salads, and south-of-the-border dishes. The Miccosukee Platter ($24.95) offers a sampling of local favorites, including gator bites.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $649 & up -- 7-Night Roundtrip Spain Cruise in Spring Royal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- 7-Night Cruise thru Mediterranean in Summer — $599 Royal Caribbean
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
We (me, hub and 7 year old son) spent a week in the Florida Keys mid-March month and loved it! Read more
My Lady Wife and I recently visited Boca.
Here is a review of the restaurants we visited.
Sky Asian Fusion – Holiday Inn Conference Ctr, Ocal, FL
A very nice, Asian-inspired room Read more