The Lower Gulf Coast Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Heavenly beaches: Whether you go to the beach to sun, swim, gather shells, or watch the sunset, the region's Gulf of Mexico beaches rank among the best.
Edison & Ford winter estates: A rare complex of two famous inventors' winter homes comes complete with botanical-research gardens, Edison's lab, and a museum.
Island hopping: Rent a boat or jump aboard a charter for lunch, picnicking, beaching, or shelling on a subtropical island adrift from the mainland.
Naples shopping: Flex your buying power in downtown Naples's charming shopping districts or in lush outdoor centers around town.
Watch for wildlife: On the edge of Everglades National Park, the region protects vast tracts of fragile land and water where you can see alligators, manatees, dolphins, roseate spoonbills, and hundreds of other birds.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $649 & up -- 7-Night Roundtrip Spain Cruise in Spring Royal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- 7-Night Cruise thru Mediterranean in Summer — $599 Royal Caribbean