- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Gasparilla Inn & Club
At a Glance
- historic property
- nicely renovated
- expensive rates
- the quirks of a very old building
Gasparilla Inn & Club Review
Once the playground of social-register members such as the Vanderbilts and DuPonts, the gracious pale-yellow wooden hotel was built by shipping industrialists in the early 1900s. Lodge rooms are not lavishly decorated by today's standards, but they match the inn's feminine Victorian air. The cottage rooms spread around the inn in charming historic digs. The inn takes up much of the town of Boca Grande with its rich-blooded amenities—sprawling lawns, a golf course, croquet, and a beach club with a 10-room spa. In recent years the inn has gone from a mandatory meal plan in high season to more flexible packages customized to guests' desires. In summer (July through mid-October), the inn proper closes and only the cottages are available for lodging. Gentlemen are required to wear a jacket in the main dining room during the winter season.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $649 & up -- 7-Night Roundtrip Spain Cruise in Spring Royal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- 7-Night Cruise thru Mediterranean in Summer — $599 Royal Caribbean
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
We (me, hub and 7 year old son) spent a week in the Florida Keys mid-March month and loved it! Read more
My Lady Wife and I recently visited Boca.
Here is a review of the restaurants we visited.
Sky Asian Fusion – Holiday Inn Conference Ctr, Ocal, FL
A very nice, Asian-inspired room Read more
· News & Features
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason.... Read more
You're all ready to go to Disney—the kids are packed, you've got good walking shoes.... Read more
Love 'em?... Read more