- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Islands of Adventure
More than at just about any other theme park, Islands of Adventure has gone all out to create settings and attractions that transport you from reality into the surreal. What's more, no one island here has much in common with any other, so, in a way, a visit here is almost like a visit to half a dozen different parks.
IOA's unique nature is first revealed when you arrive at the Port of Entry and are greeted by a kaleidoscope of sights and a cacophony of sounds. It's all designed to put you in the frame of mind for adventure.
When you reach the central lagoon, your clockwise journey commences with Marvel Super Hero Island and its tightly packed concentration of roller coasters and thrill rides. Of special note is the amazingly high-tech and dazzling Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man. In just minutes you'll have experienced a day's worth of sensations—and you've only just begun.
Stepping into Toon Lagoon is like stepping into the pages of a comic book, just as entering the upcoming island, Jurassic Park, is like entering a research center where reconstituted dinosaur DNA is being used to create a new breed of brontosaurus.
You move from the world of science into the world of magic when you segue into The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. For the first time anywhere, you—and not just a few fortunate actors—can wander through the magnificently fictional, yet now very realistic, realm of the young wizard and his Hogwarts classmates and tutors. Beyond belief.
But that's not the end of it. In the Lost Continent the mood is that of a Renaissance fair, where crafters work inside colorful tents. It's as pronounced an atmosphere as that of the final island, Seuss Landing, which presents the incredible, topsy-turvy world of Dr. Seuss. It's a riot of colors and shapes and fantastic wildlife that pay tribute to the good doctor's vivid imagination.
Islands of Adventure at a Glance
Experience Islands of Adventure
- Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
- Camp Jurassic
- The Cat in the Hat
- Doctor Doom's Fearfall
- Dragon Challenge
- Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls
- Eighth Voyage of Sindbad
- Flight of the Hippogriff
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
- The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1079 & up -- Florida: Club Med Sandpiper Bay, Save 40% Club Med Sandpiper Bay
- $80-$108 -- Castle-Themed Resort near Universal, 40% Off Holiday Inn Resort Orlando - The Castle
- $649 & up -- Weeklong Cruise to Bahamas in Summer Royal Caribbean
- $41 & up -- Rent a Mercedes in Florida, 10% Off Sixt Rent a Car
- $129 -- Orlando: 2-BR Condo near Disney World, Save $100 — $129 Wyndham Bonnet Creek