- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Spaceship Earth ride
Spaceship Earth ride Review
Inside the giant geosphere you are transported past a series of tableaux that explore human progress and the continuing search for better forms of communication. Oscar-winner Dame Judi Dench narrates the journey that begins in the darkest tunnels of time, proceeds through history, and ends poised on the edge of the future. Ten-time Emmy winner Bruce Broughton composed the musical score.
Audio-Animatronics figures present Cro-Magnon man daubing mystic paintings on cave walls, Egyptian scribes scratching hieroglyphics on papyrus, Roman centurions building roads, Islamic scholars mapping the heavens, and 11th- and 12th-century Benedictine monks hand-copying manuscripts. As you move into the Renaissance, there's Michelangelo and Gutenberg and, in rapid succession, the telegraph, radio, television, and computer come into being. A family views the moon landing on TV, and soon the personal computer is born.
As your ride vehicle swings backward and descends slowly, touch screens ask how you envision your own future, then play back an animated, Jetsons-esque scenario based on the answers. Siemens, which presents the higher-tech attraction, created a fun-packed post-show with high-demand interactive games. As you enter the post-show, watch the giant digital map screen to see your photo taken during the ride and posted in your hometown location.
For people with disabilities: You must be able to transfer to a standard wheelchair, then walk four steps to the ride vehicle. Guests with service animals should check with an attraction host for boarding information. The ride is equipped for handheld captioning and audio-description devices available at Guest Relations. Ride while waiting for a Mission: SPACE or Soarin' Fastpass appointment. Lines are longest in the morning and shortest just before closing.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1079 & up -- Florida: Club Med Sandpiper Bay, Save 40% Club Med Sandpiper Bay
- $80-$108 -- Castle-Themed Resort near Universal, 40% Off Holiday Inn Resort Orlando - The Castle
- $649 & up -- Weeklong Cruise to Bahamas in Summer Royal Caribbean
- $41 & up -- Rent a Mercedes in Florida, 10% Off Sixt Rent a Car
- $129 -- Orlando: 2-BR Condo near Disney World, Save $100 — $129 Wyndham Bonnet Creek
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
We (me, hub and 7 year old son) spent a week in the Florida Keys mid-March month and loved it! Read more
Is the theft of luggage from a locked rental car (during dinner at a local resteraunt, enroute to hotel) reimburseable under any conditions. Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more