- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Great Movie Ride
Great Movie Ride Review
At the end of Hollywood Boulevard, just behind the Sorcerer Mickey Hat, are the fire-engine-red pagodas of a replica of Graumann's Chinese Theater, where you enter this attraction. The preshow queue snakes through a screening room with continuously running clips from Mary Poppins, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Singin' in the Rain, Fantasia, and, of course, Casablanca. Once you board the ride,
Disney cast members dressed as 1920s newsboys (and girls) steer past a Hollywood Hills backdrop as you begin this tour of cinematic climaxes—with a little help from Audio-Animatronics, scrim, smoke, and Disney magic. Along the way you'll see Gene Kelly "Singin' in the Rain" as he clutches that immortal lamppost and Mary Poppins with her umbrella as her sooty admirers reprise "Chim-Chim-Cher-ee." A gangland shoot-out with James Cagney in Public Enemy is just around the corner. Gangsters or Western gunslingers (it depends on which tram you board) hijack your tram and whisk you off to a showdown. You'll meet some slimy characters from Alien—look up for truly scary stuff—before rolling onto the snake-ridden set of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, where your hijacker attempts to steal an idol. We won't give away the scene stealer here.
Keep an eye out as Tarzan swings into action and Bogey bids Bergman goodbye with a "Here's looking at you, kid" by the plane to Lisbon. You'll know you're not in Kansas anymore with the Yellow Brick Road finale and the cackling imprecations by the Wicked Witch of the West. Remember to check out Dorothy's tornado-tossed house—you might spot the ruby slippers. For people with disabilities: You may remain in your wheelchair or ECV. Handheld captioning and audio description available. The sounds and effects on this ride might scare service animals. Come while waiting out a Fastpass appointment for another attraction.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79 -- Orlando 1-Bedroom Suite near Disney, 20% Off Star Island Resort & Club
- $99 -- Orlando: Family Friendly 1-BR Condo near Theme Parks Wyndham Cypress Palms
- $1749 -- Balcony: Weeklong Cruise to Bahamas in Summer Royal Caribbean
- $19.99 & up -- Rent a Hyundai Elantra in Orlando Sixt Rent a Car
- $71-$111 -- Family Resort inside Disney w/Shuttles, 60% Off — $71-$111 BookIt.com
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
We (me, hub and 7 year old son) spent a week in the Florida Keys mid-March month and loved it! Read more
I had a chance to spent some time on a cruise ship traveling around North America,
so wanted to share some pictures from the trip; hope you will enjoy it!
http://www.allphotobangkok.com/index.php/around-north-america-cruise-ship-travel/ Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips. ... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more