- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! Review
The rousing theme music from the Indiana Jones movies heralds action delivered by veteran stunt coordinator Glenn Randall, whose credits include Raiders of the Lost Ark, E.T., and Jewel of the Nile. Presented in a 2,200-seat amphitheater, the show starts with a series of near-death encounters in an ancient Mayan temple. Indy slides down a rope from the ceiling, dodges spears, avoids getting chopped by booby-trapped idols, and snags a forbidden gemstone, setting off a gigantic boulder that threatens to flatten him.
Next comes the Cairo street scene, circa 1940, where lucky audience members are chosen to perform as extras. When the nasty Ninja-Nazi stuntmen come out, you start to think that it's probably better to be in the audience.
Eventually Indy returns with his redoubtable girlfriend, Marian Ravenwood, portrayed by a Karen Allen look-alike. She's kidnapped and tossed into a truck while Indy fights his way free with bullwhip and gun, and bad guys tumble from every corner and cornice.
The actors do a commendable job of explaining their stunts, and you'll learn how cameras are camouflaged for trick shots. Only one stunt remains a secret: how do Indy and Marian escape the grand finale explosion? That's what keeps 'em coming back. For people with disabilities: Wheelchair accessible. Equipped for assisted-listening, audio-description, and handheld-captioning devices. There's sign language interpretation twice weekly. Don't waste a Fastpass here; there's plenty of room. Come at night to see the idols' eyes glow.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $59-$69 -- Orlando Resort w/Shuttle & Kids Eat Free, 50% Off Bookit.com
- $1079 & up -- Florida: Club Med Sandpiper Bay, Save 40% Club Med Sandpiper Bay
- $649 & up -- Weeklong Cruise to Bahamas in Summer Royal Caribbean
- $8.46 & up -- Car Rentals across Florida CarRentals.com
- $80-$108 -- Castle-Themed Resort near Universal, 40% Off — $80-$108 Holiday Inn Resort Orlando - The Castle
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
We (me, hub and 7 year old son) spent a week in the Florida Keys mid-March month and loved it! Read more
My Lady Wife and I recently visited Boca.
Here is a review of the restaurants we visited.
Sky Asian Fusion – Holiday Inn Conference Ctr, Ocal, FL
A very nice, Asian-inspired room Read more
· News & Features
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason. ... Read more
You're all ready to go to Disney—the kids are packed, you've got good walking shoes.... Read more
Love 'em?... Read more