- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Cinderella Castle Review
Although often confused with Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty Castle, at 180-plus feet this castle is more than 100 feet taller; and with its elongated towers and lacy fretwork, it's more graceful. Don't miss the elaborate mosaic murals on the walls of the archway as you rush toward Fantasyland from the Hub. The five panels, measuring some 15 feet high and 10 feet wide were created from a million bits of multicolor Italian glass, silver, and 14-karat gold by mosaicist Hanns-Joachim Scharff. The mosaics tell the story of the little cinder girl as she goes from pumpkin to prince to happily ever after.
The fantasy castle has feet, if not of clay, then of solid steel beams, fiberglass, and 500 gallons of paint. Instead of dungeons, there are service tunnels for the Magic Kingdom's less-than-magical quotidian operations, such as Makeup and Costuming. These are the same tunnels that honeycomb the ground under much of the park.
Within the castle's archway is the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, where the "royal treatment" transforms little girls age 3 and older into princesses or divas. Hair and makeup are by a "Fairy Godmother-in-training." The Knight Package offers a heroic alternative makeover that includes hairstyle, sword, and shield. If you have reservations to dine at Cinderella's Royal Table, you enter the castle by way of an ascending spiral staircase. You are attended by costumed waiters and joined by Cinderella and other princesses in one of Disney's most popular character-dining experiences. For people with disabilities: For those with limited mobility, elevator access to the dining experience is provided. Call 180 days ahead, or as soon as you can, to reserve the character breakfast, lunch, or dinner known as Fairytale Dining.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1079 & up -- Florida: Club Med Sandpiper Bay, Save 40% Club Med Sandpiper Bay
- $80-$108 -- Castle-Themed Resort near Universal, 40% Off Holiday Inn Resort Orlando - The Castle
- $649 & up -- Weeklong Cruise to Bahamas in Summer Royal Caribbean
- $41 & up -- Rent a Mercedes in Florida, 10% Off Sixt Rent a Car
- $129 -- Orlando: 2-BR Condo near Disney World, Save $100 — $129 Wyndham Bonnet Creek
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
We (me, hub and 7 year old son) spent a week in the Florida Keys mid-March month and loved it! Read more
I am so excited. Read more
· News & Features
We're sure your friends' Instagram photos of their puppies are super cute, but Brad Tully's animal snaps... Read more
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more