- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ellen's Energy Adventure
Ellen's Energy Adventure Review
Comedian Ellen DeGeneres plays the lead role in this attraction that has fun with pop culture at the same time it gives a crash course in Energy 101. As Ellen naps and dreams, you'll meet Alex Trebek of Jeopardy! and Bill Nye, the Science Guy. Actress Jamie Lee Curtis, as Ellen's irritating former college roommate, and Albert Einstein play Ellen's game show challengers.
Your Energy 101 primer reveals the history of the universe—in one minute—on three 70-millimeter screens, 157 feet wide by 32 feet tall. Next the theater separates into six 96-passenger vehicles that lurch into a primeval forest. Through this swampy, damp, (and chilly) landscape, apatosauruses wander, a tyrannosaurus fights it out with a triceratops, and pterodactyls swoop through the air. A terrified Ellen is even cornered by a menacing elasmosaurus.
The ride concludes with another film in which Ellen learns about the world's present-day energy needs, resources, and concerns. It's shown on three screens, each 30 feet tall, 74 feet wide, and curved to create a 200-degree range of vision. Does Ellen win in her Jeopardy! dream? You'll have to travel back in time for the answer.
For people with disabilities: This attraction is accessible to guests using standard wheelchairs and those who can transfer to them. Equipped for assisted-listening, handheld-captioning, and audio-description devices. To experience the primeval landscape unspoiled by rows of modern heads, sit in the seats to the far left and front of the theater; to get these, position yourself similarly in the preshow area.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79 -- Orlando 1-Bedroom Suite near Disney, 20% Off Star Island Resort & Club
- $99 -- Orlando: Family Friendly 1-BR Condo near Theme Parks Wyndham Cypress Palms
- $1749 -- Balcony: Weeklong Cruise to Bahamas in Summer Royal Caribbean
- $19.99 & up -- Rent a Hyundai Elantra in Orlando Sixt Rent a Car
- $71-$111 -- Family Resort inside Disney w/Shuttles, 60% Off — $71-$111 BookIt.com
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
We (me, hub and 7 year old son) spent a week in the Florida Keys mid-March month and loved it! Read more
Do you think I could get a cruise to the Key West from Miami and back? Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more