- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The American Idol Experience
The American Idol Experience Review
So you want to be a rock star? How about an American Idol? If you're 14 or older and can sing on key, head to auditions as soon as you enter the park in the morning. You may be chosen by a Disney casting director to belt out a tune during shows at The American Idol Experience stage. At day's end, the top singers are invited back for a grand finale, and the winning performer earns The American Idol Experience "Dream Ticket"—a sort of Fastpass to the front of the line at a future regional audition for the American Idol TV show.
Not an Idol fan? No problem. This show, performed on a high-tech Hollywood-style stage complete with neon flash and high-energy show hosts, is a blast for all who enjoy live entertainment. Idol wannabes can choose their tunes from many music genres, so performers and songs vary with every show. The best part? You and every other audience member vote for the show's top singer.
When it's time to vote, your armrest keypad lights up for 10 seconds. While votes are tallied, you're treated to a big-screen music video starring 2007 American Idol champion Jordin Sparks. Other Idol stars make video appearances.
Preliminary shows last 25 minutes; finale shows are 45 minutes. Dying to see who wins the Dream Ticket but can't get into the theater for the evening finale? Take heart. A stadium-size LED screen outside the theater offers a live simulcast. To learn about auditions ahead of time, visit www.disneyworld.com/idol. For people with disabilities: Wheelchair accessible. Twice weekly sign-language interpretations. Equipped for assisted-listening and video-captioning devices. To get a seat inside the theater, arrive at least 30 minutes before showtime.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79 -- Orlando 1-Bedroom Suite near Disney, 20% Off Star Island Resort & Club
- $99 -- Orlando: Family Friendly 1-BR Condo near Theme Parks Wyndham Cypress Palms
- $1749 -- Balcony: Weeklong Cruise to Bahamas in Summer Royal Caribbean
- $19.99 & up -- Rent a Hyundai Elantra in Orlando Sixt Rent a Car
- $71-$111 -- Family Resort inside Disney w/Shuttles, 60% Off — $71-$111 BookIt.com
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
We (me, hub and 7 year old son) spent a week in the Florida Keys mid-March month and loved it! Read more
I had a chance to spent some time on a cruise ship traveling around North America,
so wanted to share some pictures from the trip; hope you will enjoy it!
http://www.allphotobangkok.com/index.php/around-north-america-cruise-ship-travel/ Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips. ... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more