- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Atlanta Restaurant Reviews
This is a city known for its food; many a trip to Atlanta is planned around meals in its barbecue shacks, upscale diners, and chic urban eateries. Traditional Southern fare—including Cajun and creole, country-style and plantation cuisine, coastal and mountain dishes—thrives, as do Asian fusion, Peruvian tapas, creative vegan, and mouth-scorching Indian food. Catch the flavor of the South at breakfast and lunch in modest establishments that serve only these meals.
Many restaurants will accept you just as you are; dress codes are extremely rare in this casual city, except in the chicest of spots. While many restaurants accept reservations, some popular spots operate on a first-come, first-served basis on weekends. Waits at some hot dining locales can exceed an hour, especially if you arrive after 7 pm.
Browse Atlanta Restaurants
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $159-$179 -- Ritz Carlton Atlanta in Spring, Save $80 Expedia
- $65 -- 4-Star Atlanta Perimeter Hotel Hotwire.com
- $28 & up -- Car Rentals in Atlanta, up to 10% Off Sixt Rent a Car