- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
While the quirky town of Helen may merit a quick stop, other nearby attractions a short drive away are also well worth visiting. Try the Folk Pottery Museum of Northeast Georgia to check out the area's centuries-old pottery tradition and Georgia's famous "face jugs." The Sautee and Nacoochee areas are accessible just south of Helen off GA 75.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $67 -- 4-Star Atlanta Perimeter Hotel Hotwire.com