- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Macon-Bibb County Convention and Visitors Bureau (450 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Macon, GA, 31201. 478/743-1074 or 800/768-3401. www.maconga.org.)
On the Trail
A meander along the new Ocmulgee Heritage Trail is a delightful diversion. The trailhead is at Gateway Park, at the corner of MLK Boulevard and Riverside Drive. The trail connects the Ocmulgee National Monument along the river to a park and recreation area at the old Macon Waterworks.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $67 -- 4-Star Atlanta Perimeter Hotel Hotwire.com