- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Folk Pottery Museum of Northeast Georgia
Folk Pottery Museum of Northeast Georgia Review
Located 4 mi southeast of Helen, this museum showcases a 200-year unbroken tradition of folk pottery in Northeast Georgia (especially in nearby Mossy Creek and the Gillsville-Lula area). Part of the 5,000-square-foot facility outlines how pottery is made and how it was used for essential household purposes. Exhibits showcase a 200-piece collection donated to the museum, including the whimsical face jugs that have become an emblem of Southern folk art. Demonstrations of pottery making are offered one Saturday a month. Call ahead for dates and times.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $67 -- 4-Star Atlanta Perimeter Hotel Hotwire.com
Tomorrow I head out on my next trip: Georgia, Armenia, Syria, Lebanon and Jordan. Read more
Does anyone have any recommendations for well located, local (ie, non-chain, non-Marriott) hotels in these three cities (trip not until next August).
Thanks Read more
· News & Features
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more