- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Five & Ten
Five & Ten Review
Ottawa native Hugh Acheson honed his culinary skills in classical French kitchens in Ontario and San Francisco before opening this cozy restaurant just south of downtown in 2000. His blending of European cuisine with down-home Southern cooking has garnered numerous regional and national accolades, including a James Beard award. The seasonal menu draws from local sources and includes updated Southern classics such as pimiento cheese crostini; watermelon salad with feta cheese and pickled watermelon rind; veal sweetbreads with Red Mule grits custard and succotash; and Lowcountry Frogmore stew with shrimp, Andouille sausage, fingerling potatoes, and corn in a tomato-leek broth. Sunday brunch is served 10:30-2:30.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $67 -- 4-Star Atlanta Perimeter Hotel Hotwire.com
Tomorrow I head out on my next trip: Georgia, Armenia, Syria, Lebanon and Jordan. Read more
Does anyone have any recommendations for well located, local (ie, non-chain, non-Marriott) hotels in these three cities (trip not until next August).
Thanks Read more
· News & Features
We're sure your friends' Instagram photos of their puppies are super cute, but Brad Tully's animal snaps... Read more
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more