- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Canoeing and Kayaking
Flint River Outdoor Center. About 45 minutes from Pine Mountain between Thomaston and Columbus is the Flint River Outdoor Center, with 10 mi of river courses where you can test your skills in everything from a float tube to kayaks running Class II rapids. Some expeditions include an overnight stay at their campsite. 4429 Woodland Rd., Rte. 36 at Flint River, Thomaston, GA, 30286. 706/647-2633. www.flintriveroutdoorcenter.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Canoeing and Kayaking
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe