Big Island Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Big Island's Top Beaches
Kaunaoa Beach (also known as Mauna Kea Beach) is a beautiful palm-lined golden crescent.
Hapuna Beach is a wide expanse of fine sandy playground and aquamarine water.
Anaehoomalu Beach's lovely curving crescent provides lots of water sports options.
Kua Bay is a scenic white sand beach with crystal clear water perfect for snorkeling in summer. Punaluu Beach Park has black sand and guaranteed turtle watching.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $118 & up -- Waikiki Beach Hotel w/Oceanarium & Spa, 35% Off BookIt.com
- $199 & up -- Big Island Family Beach Hotel, Kids Eat Free BookIt.com
- $675 & up -- Sheraton Kauai: 3-Nt. Vacation w/Car Rental Pleasant Holidays
- $9.99 & up -- Car Rentals across Hawaii CarRentals.com
- $219 & up -- Oceanview Room at Oahu 4-Star Resort, 45% Off — $219 BookIt.com