- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Check Rates from our Partners
Hanalei Bay Resort Review
This time-share condominium resort has a lovely location overlooking Hanalei Bay and Napali Coast. Three-story buildings angle down the cliffs, making for some steep walking paths. Units are extremely spacious, with high, sloping ceilings and large private lanai. Rattan furniture and island art add a casual feeling to rooms. All units have kitchens, including the smaller studios. The resort's upper-level pool is a nice feature, with authentic lava-rock waterfalls, an open-air hot tub, and a kid-friendly sand "beach."
This pool is one of the best on Kauai, with authentic lava-rock waterfalls, an open-air hot tub, and a kid-friendly sand "beach." But what really sets it apart is the stunning view of Hanalei Bay and the Napali Coast: the architects used this setting to great effect, by building the resort angling down the cliffs, with the pool as the crown jewel.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $142-$195 -- Maui Hotel across from Beach w/Wi-Fi & Parking BookIt.com
- $108 & up -- Waikiki Beach Hotel w/Oceanarium & Spa, 35% Off BookIt.com
- $675 & up -- Sheraton Kauai: 3-Nt. Vacation w/Car Rental Pleasant Holidays
- $1399 & up -- 7-Nt. Hawaii Cruise on Norwegian, R/T Honolulu American Express Travel
- $199 & up -- Big Island Family Beach Hotel, Kids Eat Free — $199 BookIt.com
Recently back from a wonderful first trip to Kauai! Read more
First, the disclaimer …
This trip will probably seem boring to most people, but the entire purpose was to R-E-L-A-X. Read more
I've just had my reservations cancelled by owners (vrbo and airbnb) due to the apparent crackdown on vacation rentals.
Heads up for those looking for places - sounds like prices will rise substantially Read more
· News & Features
So you think you know Kauai?... Read more
Being bohemian in the big city is so passé.... Read more
A really good film will take you places, sending you not just on an emotional or intellectual journey,... Read more