- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Lanai
Seclusion and serenity: Lanai is small: local motion is slow motion. Get into the spirit and go home rested instead of exhausted.
Garden of the Gods: Walk amid the eerie red-rock spires that Hawaiians believe to be a sacred spot. The ocean views are magnificent, too; sunset is a good time to visit.
A dive at Cathedrals: Explore underwater pinnacle formations and mysterious caverns illuminated by shimmering rays of light.
Dole Park: Hang out in the shade of the Cook pines in Lanai City and talk story with the locals for a taste of old-time Hawaii.
Hit the water at Hulopoe Beach: This beach may have it all: good swimming, a shady park for perfect picnicking, great reefs for snorkeling, and sometimes plenty of spinner dolphins.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1399 & up -- 7-Nt. Hawaii Cruise on Norwegian, R/T Honolulu American Express Travel