- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Maui
The Road to Hana: Each curve of this legendary cliffside road pulls you deeper into the lush green rain forest of Maui's eastern shore.
Haleakala National Park: Explore the lava bombs, cinder cones, and silverswords at the gasp-inducing, volcanic summit of Haleakala, the House of the Sun.
Ho'okipa Beach: On Maui's North Shore, the world's top windsurfers will dazzle you as they maneuver above the waves like butterflies shot from cannons.
Wai'anapanapa State Park: Head to East Maui and take a dip at the stunning black-sand beach or in the cave pool where an ancient princess once hid.
Resorts, Resorts, Resorts: Opulent gardens, pools, restaurants, and golf courses make Maui's resorts
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $108 & up -- Waikiki Beach Hotel w/Oceanarium & Spa, 35% Off BookIt.com
- $142-$195 -- Maui Hotel across from Beach w/Wi-Fi & Parking BookIt.com
- $675 & up -- Sheraton Kauai: 3-Nt. Vacation w/Car Rental Pleasant Holidays
- $1399 & up -- 7-Nt. Hawaii Cruise on Norwegian, R/T Honolulu American Express Travel
- $9.99 & up -- Car Rentals across Hawaii CarRentals.com