- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Molokai
Kalaupapa Peninsula: Hike or take a mule ride down the world's tallest sea cliffs to a fascinating, historic community that still houses a few patients suffering from leprosy.
A waterful hike in Halawa: A fascinating guided hike through private property takes you past ancient ruins, restored taro patches, and a sparkling cascade.
Deep-sea fishing: Sport fish are plentiful in these waters, as are gorgeous views of several Islands. Fishing is one of the island's great adventures.
Closeness to nature: Deep valleys, sheer cliffs, and the untamed ocean are the main attractions on Molokai.
Papohaku Beach: This 3-mile stretch of golden sand is one of the most sensational beaches in all of Hawaii. Sunsets and barbecues are perfect here.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $129 -- Waikiki Hotel incl. Breakfast, 40% Off Pacific Beach Hotel
- $1399 & up -- 7-Nt. Hawaii Cruise on Norwegian, R/T Honolulu American Express Travel