- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ping Tom Memorial Park
Ping Tom Memorial Park Review
Four pillars carved with dragon designs grace the entrance of this park, which is named for Chinatown's most renowned civic leader, Ping Tom. The park's 12 beautifully landscaped acres are wedged within the shadows of railroad tracks, cranes, and highways. It is a serene place, with a children's playground and winding walking trails. On the shore of the Chicago River, a large yellow-and-red pagoda is a good place to see the boats float by and the looming Chicago skyline to the north.
- Address: 300 W. 19th St., ., Chinatown, Chicago, IL, 60616 | Map It
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Daily, dawn to dusk.
- Website: www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/parks/Ping-Tom-Memorial-Park
- Location: Pilsen, Little Italy, and Chinatown
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $129 & up -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, 65% Off The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago
- $127 & up -- Weekends at 4-Star Chicago-Area Hotel, Save 65% The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center
- $104* & up -- Flights for Next Weekend on American, R/T — $104 American Airlines
- $127 & up -- Weekends at 4-Star Chicago-Area Hotel, Save 65% — $127 The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center
Thanks to all that provided suggestions for our weekend trip to Chicago!
DH and I went to Chicago because DS' high school band was performing at the Windy City Band Festival at Dominican University and Read more
Hi. Read more
We will both be 22 years old by the time we fly out and have recently completed university. We are coming over to the USA to experience the big cities, the bars, the beaches, the culture Read more
· News & Features
The James Beard award winners were just announced this week, so the race is on to try and get a table... Read more
From a hidden drum circle in Washington DC to awesome sushi in Chicago's Ukrainian neighborhood, we've... Read more
He may have never visited Chicago himself, but the Windy City played a huge role in Picasso's artistic... Read more