- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel
At a Glance
- great location
- close to museum campus and theater district
- lobby can be a bit dark, and its decor a bit too ornate
Check Rates from our Partners
Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel Review
The lobby of this classic hotel has gold-trimmed walls, a gold sofa, and modern flower arrangements that make it an unusual mix of old and new; the guest rooms are simple and elegant, with enough modern flair to feel updated yet still give a sense of the past. There's an in-house Starbucks and the popular Mercat a la Planxa tapas restaurant and bar. Ask about the hotel's storied past; presidents as well as mob bosses have stayed here.
- Address: 636 S. Michigan Ave., South Loop, Chicago, IL, 60605 | Map It
- Phone: 312/447-0955; 888/236-2427
- Website: www.blackstonerenaissance.com
- Location: The Loop, Including West Loop and South Loop
- 328 rooms, 4 suites.
- Rate includes some meals, no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $129 & up -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, 65% Off The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago
- $127 & up -- Weekends at 4-Star Chicago-Area Hotel, Save 65% The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center
- $127 & up -- Weekends at 4-Star Chicago-Area Hotel, Save 65% — $127 The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center
- $199 & up -- Chicago 4-Star Riverfront Hotel, Save 40% — $199 Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers
Thanks to all that provided suggestions for our weekend trip to Chicago!
DH and I went to Chicago because DS' high school band was performing at the Windy City Band Festival at Dominican University and Read more
Hi. Read more
We will both be 22 years old by the time we fly out and have recently completed university. We are coming over to the USA to experience the big cities, the bars, the beaches, the culture Read more
· News & Features
The James Beard award winners were just announced this week, so the race is on to try and get a table... Read more
From a hidden drum circle in Washington DC to awesome sushi in Chicago's Ukrainian neighborhood, we've... Read more
He may have never visited Chicago himself, but the Windy City played a huge role in Picasso's artistic... Read more