Several interstate highways converge in Kentucky, and automobile access to the central portion of the state is excellent. I-64 passes straight through the center of Bluegrass Country, running east to west. Access from north or south is along I-75, which intersects with I-64 at Lexington. Take I-64 exits 58 or 65 for access to horse country drives. Exits 113 and 115 on the merged I-64/75 will take you into downtown Lexington. I-64 passes through downtown Louisville; the 3rd Street exit (5C) gives the best access to downtown attractions.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save in Louisville: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $77+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Louisville for Less: Hotels Fr $68+/Nt Travelocity
- Up to 3% OFF on Louisville 3 Nts Htl + Air Fr $577 Travelocity
- $10.95 & up : Economy rentals in Louisville Hotwire
- Hampton Inn Louisville Airport in May: $112 & Up — $112 Expedia