Two airports—and virtually every American airline—serve central Kentucky. Louisville International Airport is just south of the city's downtown. Blue Grass Airport, with considerably fewer flights than Louisville, serves Lexington. The two cities are an hour apart by car.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Visit Lexington for Less: Hotels Fr $47+/Nt Travelocity
- Book in Louisville: Save this May Fr $133+/Nt Save with Expedia, $13/night less
- Up to 3% OFF on Louisville 3 Nts Htl + Air Fr $577 Travelocity
- $14.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Lexington Hotwire
- Small budget: Stay in Lexington this May Fr $118+/Nt — $118 Expedia