- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Claiborne Mansion Review
One of the best places to stay in Faubourg Marigny, the Claiborne has enormous rooms with high ceilings, canopy beds, polished hardwood floors, and rich fabrics. The handsome 1859 mansion is on the fringe of the French Quarter and overlooks Washington Square Park. Although it's spacious and elegant, the charming house still feels intimate, with a lush, dramatically lighted rear courtyard and pool. Celebrities regularly book it for the privacy, but families appreciate its suites with separate bedrooms. Think of the mansion as an authentic mid-19th-century house—with cable and air-conditioning.
This historic inn has just seven suites, with high ceilings, canopy or four-poster beds, polished hardwood floors, and rich fabrics. The handsome 1859 mansion is a quiet escape outside the French Quarter, overlooking Washington Square Park. A lush, dramatically lighted rear courtyard and pool add to the tranquil, romantic atmosphere.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $129-$169 -- New Orleans Bourbon Street Hotel w/Drinks Bookit.com
- $169 & up -- 4-Star French Quarter Hotel, Save 45% Expedia
- $78 -- 4-Star New Orleans Hotel near French Quarter — $78 Hotwire.com
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
New Orleans, LA – April 20 to 25, 2013
We decided to go back to New Orleans to celebrate my 45th birthday. Read more
My sister and I are flying into New Orleans and driving back west, ending up in Los
Angeles. Read more
· News & Features
The New Orleans Jazz Festival is a force to be reckoned with—a fact we learned firsthand attending... Read more
Whether you're a cocktail aficionado or a mixology amateur, you'll learn a ton about your favorite drinks... Read more
If there's one time you can't know what to expect until you get there, it's when you're asked to ride... Read more