Sports and the Outdoors
Castine Kayak International Adventures. At Eaton's Wharf, Castine Kayak Adventures operates tours run by owner Karen Francoeur, a Registered Maine Guide. Sign up for a half-day of kayaking along the shore; a full day of kayaking by shipwrecks, reversing falls, and islands in Penobscot Bay; or nighttime bioluminescent trips—paddling stirs up a type of phytoplankton, causing them to light up like fireflies as they shoot through the water. The business also offers overnight kayak camping trips and instructional courses. It also rents mountain bikes and kayaks to experienced kayakers. 17 Sea St., Castine, ME, 04421. 207/866-3506. www.castinekayak.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book the Wonder View Inn & Suites 3 Nts in May Fr $145+/Nt Expedia
- $39.95 & up : Compact rentals in Bar Harbor Hotwire
- $38.95 & up : Economy rentals in Bar Harbor — $39 Hotwire
- $44.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Bar Harbor — $45 Hotwire