Blue Hill Inn
At a Glance
- three first-floor rooms
- modern suites with kitchens in separate building
- some small rooms
Blue Hill Inn Review
One side of this 1830 Federal-style inn was built as a home, but it soon became an inn, adding a wing with a matching facade in the 1850s. Wide pumpkin pine floors, some painted, set the tone for the mix of antiques that fill the parlor, library, and guest rooms. The larger, more ornate lodging quarters are in the original home. Room 10, once a front parlor, has a neoclassical mantle above the wood-burning fireplace, one of several at the inn. Upstairs, Room 8 has windows on three sides and views of the gardens and apple trees. Inn guests can order wine or spirits to enjoy with complimentary appetizers served each evening. The small dining room serves dinner to the public on weekdays; dishes like butter-poached lobster ravioli feature local fish and foods.
- Address: 40 Union St., Blue Hill, ME, 04614 | Map It
- Phone: 207/374-2844; 800/826-7415
- Website: www.bluehillinn.com
- Location: Blue Hill
- 10 rooms, 3 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Nov.--mid-May (2 suites in separate building open year-round).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Small budget: Stay in Bar Harbor this May Fr $134+/Nt Expedia
- $84.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Bar Harbor Hotwire
- $75.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Bar Harbor — $76 Hotwire
Way too short, needless to say, but I think we got a lot in and saw some amazing locations, met very friendly people and ate some scrumptious food!
We were visiting family in Lynn, MA and drove north o Read more
A quick overview of where we ate during out 10 days on MDI
Morninglory Bakery Cafe is our favorite, we prefer quick, smallish breakfasts. Read more
Hello, my husband and I are taking a road trip from Michigan to New England in early August. Read more
· News & Features
This week (April 20-28) is National Parks Week, meaning visitors can enjoy the great outdoors sans entry ... Read more
If you have favorite beaches on Maui, Jamaica, and St.... Read more
Kate Christensen, author of the recently released novel The Astral, takes us on a walking tour of endlessly... Read more