Looking at a map, you may notice there are two parts to Lincolnville: Lincolnville Beach on U.S. 1 and the town of Lincolnville Center a little inland on Route 73. The area of most interest—where you can find the restaurants and the ferry to Islesboro—is Lincolnville Beach, which is tiny; you could be through it in less than a minute. Still, it has a history going back to the Revolution, and you can see a few small cannons on the beach that were intended to repel the British in the War of 1812 (they were never used).
Lincolnville at a Glance
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book the The Country Inn at the Mall 3 Nts in May Fr $108+/Nt Expedia
- Look no Further! Bangor Hotels Fr $101+/Nt Travelocity
- $27.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Bangor Hotwire
- Bangor Savings! Book at Howard Johnson Bangor Fr $84+/Nt — $84 Expedia
- $24.95 & up : Economy rentals in Bangor — $25 Hotwire