Owner-chef Melissa Kelly and her world-class gourmet restaurant in a restored Victorian home have won many awards and been written up in Gourmet, Bon Appétit, and O Magazine. Upstairs the vibe is funky, downstairs is fancier. Wherever you eat it's farm-to-table here: Primo raises chickens and pigs, cures meats, produces eggs, and grows produce for its restaurant. Combining fresh Maine ingredients with Mediterranean influences, the daily-changing menu has dishes like kale salad with creamy garlic dressing, housemade pasta with local squid, and duck with sweet-and-sour rhubarb chutney. Pastry chef and co-owner Price Kushner creates delectable desserts like cannoli featuring crushed pistachios and amarena cherries.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Visit Bangor for Less: Hotels Fr $101+/Nt Travelocity
- Holiday Inn Bangor-Odlin Road in May: $125 & Up Expedia
- $19.99 & up : Compact rentals in Rockland Hotwire
- $95.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Bangor — $95 Hotwire
- $29.99 & up : Full Size rentals in Rockland — $30 Hotwire
Way too short, needless to say, but I think we got a lot in and saw some amazing locations, met very friendly people and ate some scrumptious food!
We were visiting family in Lynn, MA and drove north o Read more
A quick overview of where we ate during out 10 days on MDI
Morninglory Bakery Cafe is our favorite, we prefer quick, smallish breakfasts. Read more
Hello, my husband and I are taking a road trip from Michigan to New England in early August. Read more
· News & Features
This week (April 20-28) is National Parks Week, meaning visitors can enjoy the great outdoors sans entry... Read more
If you have favorite beaches on Maui, Jamaica, and St.... Read more
Kate Christensen, author of the recently released novel The Astral, takes us on a walking tour of endlessly... Read more