- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
James Beard Award-winning chef-owner Rob Evans turned stylish Hugo's into one of the city's best restaurants and sold it in 2012 to former staff. If you're adventurous, the eight-course "blind-tasting" menu ($90 per person) is a lot of fun—if you don't mind not knowing what you're going to be served. You also can mix and match $10 to $20 items from the à la carte menu, such as crispy skin pork belly and crepe-wrapped arctic char. Portions are small, as they're meant to be part of a four- to six-course meal. Serving the freshest local organic foods is a high priority here, so the menu changes almost every day. Next door is a sister business, Eventide Oyster Co.; the setting and fare here is more casual.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn
This past weekend I travelled with a group of friends to Southern Oregon.- started in Eugene We travelled south on I-5 to Oakland, an old historic town. The main street consists mostly of antique stores Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
We (husband and 6 yr old son) will be flying to Seattle on July 4th, staying the weekend. Read more
· News & Features
This week (April 20-28) is National Parks Week, meaning visitors can enjoy the great outdoors sans entry... Read more
If you have favorite beaches on Maui, Jamaica, and St.... Read more
Kate Christensen, author of the recently released novel The Astral, takes us on a walking tour of endlessly... Read more