Red's Eats Review
You've probably driven right past this little red shack on the Wiscasset side of the bridge if you've visited this area and seen the long line of hungry customers. Red's is a local landmark famous for its hamburgers, hot dogs, lobster and crab rolls, and crispy onion rings and clams fried in their own housemade batters. Maine-made Round Top ice cream is also sold (try blueberry or black raspberry). Enjoy views of the tidal Sheepscot River from picnic tables on the two-level deck or down on the grass by the water.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn
Way too short, needless to say, but I think we got a lot in and saw some amazing locations, met very friendly people and ate some scrumptious food!
We were visiting family in Lynn, MA and drove north o Read more
A quick overview of where we ate during out 10 days on MDI
Morninglory Bakery Cafe is our favorite, we prefer quick, smallish breakfasts. Read more
We want to visit Maine in late September/ early October for about 10 days. Read more
· News & Features
This week (April 20-28) is National Parks Week, meaning visitors can enjoy the great outdoors sans entry ... Read more
If you have favorite beaches on Maui, Jamaica, and St.... Read more
Kate Christensen, author of the recently released novel The Astral, takes us on a walking tour of endlessly... Read more