Lily Bay State Park. Nine miles northeast of Greenville on Moosehead Lake, this park has good lakefront swimming, a 2-mi walking trail with water views, two boat-launching ramps, a playground, and two campgrounds with a total of 90 sites. In winter, the entrance road is plowed to access the groomed cross-country ski trails and the lake for ice fishing and snowmobiling. State Park Rd., turn off Lily Bay Rd., Beaver Cove, ME, 04441. 207/695-2700 mid-May-mid-Oct. only; 207/941-4014. www.parksandlands.com. $4.50. Daily 9-sunset (mid-Oct.-mid-May no staff, roads not open except on a limited basis during snow season).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn