Getting Here and Around
Intown Trolley. Narrated 45-minute jaunts run daily from Memorial Day weekend through Columbus Day. The $16 fare is valid for the day, so you can hop on and off—or start your journey—at any of the stops. The route includes Kennebunk's beaches and Lower Village and as well as neighboring Kennebunkport's scenery and sights. The main stop is at 21 Ocean Ave. in Kennebunkport, around the corner from Dock Square. The trolley is part of the Shoreline Explorer (207/324-5762 Ext. 2932, www.shorelineexplorer.com) network, which links seasonal trolleys in southern Maine beach towns from the Yorks to the Kennebunks. So, you can make connections to continue by shuttle or trolley to beach towns south of here. 207/967-3686. www.intowntrolley.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save at 3-Star Fireside Inn & Suites Portland: $141 & Up in May Expedia
- Save in Portland: Book 3 Nts in May at Clarion Fr $140+/Nt Expedia
- Unbelievable Price! 2 Nts Embassy Suites Portland + Air Fr $430 Travelocity
- $118 & Up: Howard Johnson Plaza Portland 3-Star Hotel in Portland — $118 Expedia
- Save in Portland: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $277+/Nt — $277 Expedia