Getting Here and Around
Intown Trolley. Narrated 45-minute jaunts run daily from Memorial Day weekend through Columbus Day, leaving every hour starting at 10 am at the main stop at 21 Ocean Ave., around the corner from downtown's Dock Square. The route includes sites and scenery in Kennebunkport as well as neighboring Kennebunk's beaches and Lower Village. The $16 fare is valid for the day, so you can hop on and off—or start your journey—at any of the stops. You can also connect with a shuttle to the Shoreline Trolley, which runs from Kennebunk to Ogunquit. Both trolleys and the shuttle are part of the Shoreline Explorer network (207/324-5762 Ext. 2932, www.shorelineexplorer.com), which links seasonal trolleys in southern Maine beach towns from the Yorks to the Kennebunks, allowing visitors to travel between towns without their cars. 207/967-3686. www.intowntrolley.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn