Brick Store Museum
Brick Store Museum Review
The cornerstone of this block-long preservation of early-19th-century commercial and residential buildings is William Lord's Brick Store. Built as a dry-goods store in 1825 in the Federal style, the building has an openwork balustrade across the roof line, granite lintels over the windows, and paired chimneys. Exhibits chronicle the Kennebunk area's history and early American decorative and fine arts. The museum leads architectural walking tours of Kennebunk's National Historic District by appointment from late May through September. You can also purchase a $4.95 map that marks historic buildings or a $15.95 guidebook, Windows on the Past.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn
Way too short, needless to say, but I think we got a lot in and saw some amazing locations, met very friendly people and ate some scrumptious food!
We were visiting family in Lynn, MA and drove north o Read more
A quick overview of where we ate during out 10 days on MDI
Morninglory Bakery Cafe is our favorite, we prefer quick, smallish breakfasts. Read more
Hello, my husband and I are taking a road trip from Michigan to New England in early August. Read more
· News & Features
This week (April 20-28) is National Parks Week, meaning visitors can enjoy the great outdoors sans entry... Read more
If you have favorite beaches on Maui, Jamaica, and St.... Read more
Kate Christensen, author of the recently released novel The Astral, takes us on a walking tour of endlessly... Read more