Stonewall Kitchen Review
You've probably seen the kitchen's smartly labeled jars of gourmet chutneys, jams, jellies, salsas, and sauces in specialty stores back home. York is the headquarters and processing center for them. The Stonewall complex houses the expansive flagship company store, which carries kitchenware and home decor items, too. There's also a bustling café and take-out restaurant, a viewing area of the bottling process, and stunning gardens. Sample all the mustards, salsas, and dressings you can stand, or have lunch at the café. Takeout is available during store hours. Breakfast (until 11) and lunch (11-3) are served daily; dine garden-side in season. The campus also houses a cooking school where participants can join in evening or daytime courses. Reservations are required; most classes cost $45-$80 and are shorter than two hours.
- Address: 2 Stonewall La., just off U.S. 1, next to York area information center, York Village, ME, 03909
- Phone: 207/351-2712 store; 877/899-8363 cooking school
- Hours: Sun. 9--6.; Mon.--Sat. 8--8 late May--early Sept., 8--6 early Sept.--late Nov. and late Dec.--late May, 8--7 late Nov.--late Dec.
- Website: www.stonewallkitchen.com
- Location: York Village
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn
Way too short, needless to say, but I think we got a lot in and saw some amazing locations, met very friendly people and ate some scrumptious food!
We were visiting family in Lynn, MA and drove north o Read more
A quick overview of where we ate during out 10 days on MDI
Morninglory Bakery Cafe is our favorite, we prefer quick, smallish breakfasts. Read more
My wife, daughter (age 18) and I are flying in to Boston/Logan mid afternoon July 5th and fly back out of Boston, early morning July 14, so I need to leave a day for seeing a few sites in Bosto Read more
· News & Features
This week (April 20-28) is National Parks Week, meaning visitors can enjoy the great outdoors sans entry... Read more
If you have favorite beaches on Maui, Jamaica, and St.... Read more
Kate Christensen, author of the recently released novel The Astral, takes us on a walking tour of endlessly... Read more